Friday, November 23, 2012

What is Old is New Again!


I used to draw and paint with these paints almost exclusively as a child growing up, so imagine my joy that Hobby Lobby was carrying these as kits.  I asked, no most probably they won't be carrying the single tubes, which is a shame because I ReALLY want a tube of red violet paint. 

I'm hoping that this will be the anwser to my fabric marker woes, I can control a paint brush but the fabric markers bleed, bleed, and bleed some more, and the marker tips themselves... well don't get me started!

Anyway, I will report back as I will be using the black color, and probably exclusively, as to how these interact with natural dyed fabrics.

2 comments:

DK said...

I found out about these just earlier this week. My grandmother has a shrinking collection of Artex and some other brand of ball point paint tubes and her creations have been getting wilder and wilder in color scheme the last couple of years as she uses up what she has and makes do with what's left. I did some Google-ing to see if I could find some of the vintage pain tubes for sake on Ebay or something and found these. They are available in single tubes on Amazon, but the prices vary a LOT from vendor to vendor and color to color so if you go that route shop around before making a final purchase.

k baxter packwood said...

Thank you, I'll definately take a look around before purchasing any more of them.