I wasn't too thrilled about having our oak trees pruned in July but it needed to be done as I could no longer see to safely back out of the driveway, oak trees pick the darnest time to have a growth spurt. So I pulled a bunch of the red oak and burr oak leaves aside in addition to some acorns and put them in a metal pan until I was ready to use them. And then it rained, and rained, and rained, and rained. The end result was an oak leaf acorn soup. So today I will dye some cotton yardage and see what I come up with.
I added some rusted coffee tin lids in between the layers of fabric as I shoved it into a five gallon plastic bucket.