Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oak Leaf Cloth

I wasn't too thrilled about having our oak trees pruned in July but it needed to be done as I could no longer see to safely back out of the driveway, oak trees pick the darnest time to have a growth spurt.  So I pulled a bunch of the red oak and burr oak leaves aside in addition to some acorns and put them in a metal pan until I was ready to use them.  And then it rained, and rained, and rained, and rained.  The end result was an oak leaf acorn soup.  So today I will dye some cotton yardage and see what I come up with.




I added some rusted coffee tin lids in between the layers of fabric as I shoved it into a five gallon plastic bucket.


Final layer of oak leaves, branches, and acorns.


Topped off with rain water, that had been sitting for several days in another bucket, and a lid to keep the skeeters out.

No comments: